星期二, 七月 22

Free Eats- Bangkok 22Jul

After a meeting with a customer, my colleagues brought me to a local chicken rice shop (yes its occupies the whole shop, just like our boon tong kee).
The location of the shop is very near to the Pratunum market and we had to wait for seats even we arrived before the lunch hour.

The chicken rice is the same as what you would see locally, except that the chicken are huge, probably twice the size of the chicken you see in Singapore's stalls.
Also, they do not serve our red garlic chilli. Instead, what was on offer was a mixture of garlic and gree chilli in a sweet and sour sauce. The sauce goes quite well with the chicken though.
Another specialty is the duck herbal soup (yeah, chicken rice and duck soup), although i personally find the duck soup so-so.
I devoured 2 bowls of the rice and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Chicken Rice and Duck Soup (do you think it rymths with hidden dragon and crouching tiger?)

My colleague pointed to me a thai noodle stall that was in a back alley near the chicken rice shop.
I will try that next time I am in BKK!



Trivia- Bangkok
This simple decor in the hotel room caught my eyes before i check-out this morning.
It is an elephant made out of rolled towels- simple but yet creative.

ok. on my way to Hong Kong now.
^..^ ^..^






没有评论: