星期日, 七月 6

Citi Milkrun 2008



Undecided to do the race but went ahead.
Weather looked threatening at first but turned out to be a blessing.


Fu ren didnt participate in this race but she accompanied me there.
We parked near Gallery and took a slow walk. I wanted to take it easy so arrived at the venue at 3pm when the race scheduled to start at 3.15pm.
First thing to do was to answer the nature's call but proceeding to do a short warm up and stretching.

When the Guest-of-Honour, Mr Teo Ser Luck, waved off the 9.4km race, I then started running towards the starting line from the warm up area.

As usual, the first km or so was congested. It didnt help when the running path only allowed 2 to pass at max.
The sun was out 2km into the race and I felt so "chuang"(out of breath). Maybe its the sun but I think my fitness is deteriotating.
Weaved through the crowd for the first 4-5km. Was pacing behind the group of SMU runners when I finally overtook the 2 gals + 1 guy around the 6km mark.
There was no distance marker and I was glad that I had my garmin with me. Also, I skipped the water points to save some time as I brought along my hand bottle.

The first half of the race was a drag as I couldnt find my rhythm, but I was going stronger late in the race. Unfortunately, I was holding back the "cheong-ing" as I expected the distance was 9.4km. I opened up my pace a bit from the 7th km onwards, but surprise surprise, the finish line was at the 8.8km mark instead of 9.4km, so I was deprived of the chance to cheong!

Again, let the numbers do the talking.

Total distance: 8.8km
Total time: 52:03
Avg HR: 184

0-1km 6:29/km HR 171
1-2km 5:53 179
2-3km 5:48 183
3-4km 5:45 186
4-5km 6:09 185
5-6km 5:58 186
6-7km 6:10 188
7-8km 5:38 190
8-8.8km 5:24 195

Didnt take any photo this time cos I didnt bring any camera.

Overall, the race was well organised and the officials and supporters were great!

^..^

没有评论: