星期日, 六月 29

Frankfurt- Day 2

Woke up with a running nose, must have caught the bug on the plane.

My German colleague picked me up at 9am and we headed to the Frankfurt office.
An uneventful morning spent at the office downloading emails and casual conversations with the colleagues in the office.
After lunch, some free ice creams were passed around the office, I guess it was in celebration of the Germany team who made it to the Euro 2008 final. I shared the same sentiment : ))))

In the afternoon, my running nose turned into a full-blown irritation.
I requested my colleague to drop me off at the hotel early, which he obliged.
I picked up a pack of aspirin from the pharmacy on the way back to hotel.

Took some aspirin and had an hour sleep.

At 6pm, the summer sun was still bright and sunny.
I changed into my running attire for a slow jog along the Main (the name of the river) River near the hotel.
The Main River
The sun was in full force and although the temperature was 25C, it felt like 28C.
Part of the running track (cum cycling track) was muddy from the rain the day before.
Fortunately I brought along my NB trail shoes instead of my Asics running shoes.
I am a man with such great foresight ;p

Most of the running track was covered with gravel chips, much like the one in Bedok Reservoir.
The track
Some wild rabbits were running in and out of the bushes next to the track, adding some distraction to my run. Stopped quite a few times trying to capture them on my camera, but they are usually too fast for me. Ha ha!
Masterpieces of local art talents
Taking a breather under the flyover
Had a good run of 42mins covering 6.7km, at an average pace of 6:20/km.

Back to hotel for shower and a change of clothes.
Couldn’t watch the match between Spain and Russia since the pub was booked by Luthansa Cargo. Instead I had a quiet dinner and drinks (and magazine) at the beer garden outside the hotel.
The beer, the Magazine and myself
Surprise visitor- a ladybird! When was the last time you saw one?
Turned in early since tomorrow I will have a long day ahead.
^..^

1 条评论:

匿名 说...

Enjoying summer in Frankfurt and good foresight! Wonderful pix!