星期二, 六月 3

Adidas Sundown Marathon (Post D Day)- Part 3

1. My left ankle is still swollen. Am limping around in pain. The icing and compression didnt seem to help.

Notice my pig trotter on the left?


Went down to CGH's sports medicine for consultation.

He diagnosed that my swollen ankle is not a high-ankle sprain (phew!), but an inflammation of the tendon due to overuse. He suspected that I was running primarily on one leg (my left) to avoid aggravating the pulled calf on my right.

Anyway, his instruction was to ELEVATE, IMMOBILISE my foot and MONITOR whether the pain escalates. If the pain persists and escalates, then it may be a medical condition known as "Acute Compartment Syndrome" which will need an immediate surgery.
Hope that I wont have to come to that stage.


2. Some bloggers commented that there were many walkers (me?) in this Marathon and why the walkers (me??) couldnt make an effort to at least jog slowly.

Sigh! If I could, I would.


3. Also, read in the forum that many marathoners/ultra-marathoners drove themself home after the race. Some were trying to stay awake during the drive.

Although there is no written law stating "If you run, dont drive!", but I urge all runners to exercise caution since your body and mind are in the state of fatigue after the race.
Take a cab or ask someone else to drive you home.

4. Heartfelt appreciation goes out to Fu Ren, who stayed up with us the whole night even after her race, brought us drinks and food, and sent me words of encouragement along the way. You made the journey more bearable. Dear dear! You are the best!

5. Lastly, Congrats BFG! You have made it! So I will see you in SCSM :)

^..^

1 条评论:

匿名 说...

Glad that it was only inflammation and not a sprain. Get well soon!

You may need a larger-sized shoe?? I also had black toes (especially on my larger foot) until I use at least one size larger running shoes. Hope that helps!