星期四, 六月 26

Frankfurt- Day 1

After 5 (or 6?) in-flight movies and 2 episodes of "Supernatural" after, I finally touchdown at FRA airport. It was a cool 22deg evening and damn, I was late for my Germany vs Turkey match!!



Navigating through FRA airport was not a simple task and there wasnt any clear (and big) signage. Ok, just follow the crowd, when the I finally saw the "Exit" and "Baggage Claim" signages. What? No immigration form to fill? Man, I just love Europe!



My colleague was waiting and waving the little company logo at the arrival gate. Fortunately I wasnt too stoned (time equivalent of 3am in Singapore) to notice him. And more fortunately, the hotel is 10mins away from the airport, and in his fast Seat TDI (same as Golf GTi), we were there in less than 10mins. He was in a rush to watch the match too : ) , but with his girlfriend.


Hotel Mecure




Check-in was a breeze and I was down at the hotel pub in about 10mins. The score was still 0-0 then.

Imagine this- sipping a german beer and eating the frankfurter sausages, and at the same time supporting my fav Germany football team with the locals in a german pub. Life cant get better than this!
My dinner- EUR7
My appertiser- EUR3.50/pint
The experience- Priceless!


And the bonus was- GERMANY WON!!!!! : )))))) Ah...this was a memorable experience for me.
After the match, the honking of the cars and the fireworks went on for an hour before it died down.
^..^

没有评论: