星期日, 五月 11

Training Run (21km)

Went for a training run with fu ren this evening at ECP.
The distance was 21km- starting at CP F2, run towards SAFRA resort and make a U-turn, run towards Fort Road and make a U-turn, and back to CP F2.

Since I have no intention to exert fu ren and myself so the planned pace was 7min/km.
We should be completing the whole distance in 2hrs30mins.
This would be the longest distance that fu ren has ever run. I wanted to use this run to build up her confidence for AHM.

We broke the whole distance into 7km segments, each should take 50mins to complete.
We will take a water break at the end of every 7km.

Blib from fu ren:
First 7km was quite uneventful, except the usual "peeing monster" was lurking behind me... Rather than taking the risk, I decided to break for nature's call after the first 7km. Kept reminding myself not to run too fast, lest I run out of steam before the Fort Road U-Turn. There were lots of BBQ families enjoying their sunday get-togethers at East Coast Park and I began to get hungry while running!! First time eh! May be it only kicks in for longer runs.

I was slightly annoyed by cyclists who continued to intrude into the pedestrian/runners' lane. Once or twice, I had to weaved in & out of the boundary to avoid getting run over by kiddy-riders or family members who stopped abruptly to wait for one another.

Weather was exceptionally good, I cannot ask for more. Windy and OK humidity. It made the long run more bearable than I thought it would be! As I ran towards Fort Road, I saw lao ye standing by the side waiting for me with bottled drinks. How sweet to have someone run with you and act as support crew all at the same time! :) I however declined the drink at that point to push on to the U-Turn, where I treated myself to whatever's left in that bottle. Yummy.

Running back from Fort Road needed much more motivation. After all, we've been running for close to 1:30:00 and being so familiar with this stretch of ECP, the run becomes more mundane. lao ye ran ahead and I was running at my own pace. Caught up with 2 men who jogged/walked at intervals. At this point, real hunger struck and I found myself dragging my feet all the way till past MacDonald's... This time, lao ye was waiting for me with half a can of 100-plus, and that gave me the energy to contine the journey which ended nicely at 2:28:27 at Carpark F2 (21 KM mark).

I finished at 2:26:01 after a slight detour around the lagoon.
Was feeling good after the run.
Now jio-ing fu ren to join me for my last LSD of 35km this coming Sunday. I suggested that she runs with me from Bedok Rerservoir and stops her run at Changi Beach Park for a distance of 16km. I shall continue my run along changi coast road towards ECP, then terminates at Fort Road for a total distance of 35km.
Lets hope that she can wake up at 3am to join in the LSD...hee hee hee.

没有评论: