星期日, 十一月 8

New Balance Real Run 2009

This is my 2nd Real Run, but perhaps, this is my last one.
I dont know, but the race did not feel as obliging as TNF or SCSM.
I probably will be more selective with my races going forward, to have more time for my family over the weekends.

I arrived at the car park of Changi Exhibition Centre at 6am this morning, after I picked up my hotcakes meal from McDonald's. Since i was way too early, I sat in the car to have a slow slow breakfast. I got out of the car at 7am,and made my way to join the toilet queue.

The race started shortly after my toilet break. Bumped into PK and J at the start line. Was sorry to hear that J had a bad stomach from some spicy food the night before.

It took me about 8 mins to cross the start line since the usual me hate to join the start-line congestion. I didnt have any expectation for the run today, just took it as another tempo run with longer distance. Since it meant to be a tempo run, my targeted pace was 5:50-6:00/min.

The run felt easy today as I could hold my tempo pace throughout. The cross-terrain was chicken feet if you compare it with TNF. Another blessing was the weather- sun was only out in the last 5km.

Water stops were well placed and well stocked along the route, but I only stop twice for drinks.
Distance markers at 5th and 10th km were a bit off, but they managed to correct the distance at the 15th km.

Overall, I ran my PB for this race, shaved about 4mins off last year's timing-
Timing for each 5km as follow

5th km (4.79km on garmin) 28:09 avg pace 5:53/km
10th km (4.78km on gamin) 27:36 avg pace 5:46/km
15th km (5.50km on garmin) 31:39 avg pace 5:45/km
Total 15km 1:27:25 avg pace 5:48/km



没有评论: